Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Doctor.

So this will show everybody what some of my blog posts are going to be about.  I have an unhealthy relationship with Netflix....... I do and I admit it........ but I will not stop.  These are a few of the shows that I was able to watch (this is just the tip of the iceberg)

  • Prison Break
  • Lost (with my wife)
  • Eureka
  • Warehouse 13 
  • Medium (with my wife)
  • The X Files (one of my favorites) 
  • Flash forward
  • Lie to Me (with my wife)
The latest show that I have been watching is Doctor Who?  It is a show about a time traveler who is not mortal.  He goes around in history and between world in his Tartis (time machine that alive).  He is almost always with a human companion who shares in the adventure.  


Yes the original is a BBC production and a very old show.  BBC decided to do a remodel of the show back in 2005 and it has been a big success.  At least in my book it has.  British actors with Science fiction Fantasy...... what else could you ask for.  Another big perk is that the doctor will have to regenerate (change out his body if hurt) ever so often and you get a new actor. 

 

Some may think that changing the main character would ruin the show but for me it has kept it alive. Right when you are starting to think that the stories are a bit old or repetitive a new Doctor shows up and takes the show in a new direction. Although my favorite at this point has to be David Tennant (The Doctor in the first picture).


The Tardis is disguised as a old style Police Box and it can take them just about anywhere.  One of the first episodes shows the Doctor taking Rose Tyler (his Companion at the time) to the end of the earth.  They watch from a space station as the sun burns it up.  Not really as sad as you might think. 

 

Overall it is a great show.  
Two thumbs up for the interesting stories
Two thumbs up for staying clean
Two thumbs up for great graphics
And Two thumbs Way way up for the Doctor!!

1 comment:

  1. I hadn't heard anything about this show - thanks for sharing! I'd love to hear reviews on all your favorites. Now I just need to find the time to watch it...!

    ReplyDelete