Sunday, October 21, 2012

To Beard or Not to Beard

This is an interesting question.  Facial hair is something that at times can be a big deal.  Some guys feel like they are less of a man without their rough and rugged beard.  I know that I have been caught up in this question as of late and it is difficult for me to make my mind up.  This post is mainly so that I can show off a few of the different types of facial hair and their pros and cons.  (Of course these is just according to me)


The first type is just full on scruff.  
This is definitely the easiest to have.  This is even easier than being clean shaven.  You just let it grow out and have a hay day with your face.  This is a very easy going look and can be nice to have but you can not let it grow for too long or else you look like someone who has lost contact with your children.  


The second type I don't show off really well.  It is the Chops.  It is when you grow your sideburns all the way down past your ear.  I know a few people who have this kind of facial hair and all I am willing to say is that it is not for me.  So I guess no real pros.  




This is sometimes called the Van Dyke.  The funny thing is that I could see myself wearing this for a while.  My wife does not like it in the least so I would never really do it.  I think I might sport it if I were going hunting with my in-laws but would shave it off as soon as I got home for her sake. The one major con is that the up keep would be more difficult.  



The Soul patch.  I had a companion on my mission who had such a blond one of these that he never bothered to shave his off.  I always wanted to see what I looked like with one but I really didn't like it.  It will definitely not be a Justin thing.  


Creeper mustache.  Need I say more....? I think not.


This style plagues he hallways of Junior High School all across the country.  It is what a frendemy once dubbed the half-stache.  This only happens when an inexperienced shaver doesn't ask someone who he loves if he missed a spot.  


To wrap up our tour of.... well my face.... I will show you a clean shave.  Shave every day and you get this.  I guess I have really made my decision.  I will try to keep clean shaven but if I'm scruffy for a few days I won't have a problem with that.


   

3 comments:

  1. I think you look great clean shaven and with scruff. Not a bad combo, if you ask me!

    BTW, this post was awesome ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like a clean shaven man myself.

    You are your wife rock by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure I just died! The blog address...the blog title...the blog content...my life is now complete!

    And just because, I like the goatee look. It suits you.

    ReplyDelete